Nutrient Probe Analyzer – NPA Pro
NPA Pro is submergible multiparametric in-situ probe for sequential automatic analysis of up to four nutrients or other chemical parameters in surface and sea water, based on μLFR* technology. The standard wet chemistries for nutrients analysis used in NPA Pro are the ones recommended by international standard:
- NH3: Berthelot reaction
- PO4: Molibdate, Ascorbic acid
- NO3+NO2: Cd reduction NED, SAA
- NO2: NED, SAA.
New innovative chemistries are also available to make easier the management of the on site operations:
- NH3: fluorimetric OPA method
- NO3+NO2: UV photoreduction method exclusively licensed to Systea by Ifremer (French Research Institute for Exploitation of the Sea).
Other chemical parameters available are:
- total phosphorous
- total nitrogen (UV Reduction)
- total dissolved iron
The NPA Pro has been designed to be best integrated in coastal buoys. The two cylinders can be easily placed on the buoy’s body holes and then simply anchored with chains or hooks or snaphooks.It is made of two different PVC cylinders:
- the first one includes hydraulic and electronics components;
- the second one includes reagents, calibrant, DI water and waste bag.
A single hydraulic connector with 10 tubing is used to connect the second cylinder to the first one. This multi-connector is provided with a valve to open it during functioning and to close it during transportation, to avoid reagent spillage.
Advanteges and benefits
- Two cylinders are more convenient/easy to deploy: the electronic compartment is never removed;
- The NPA Pro doesn’t unbalances the buoy: the single body, if placed externally, can tilt the whole system that needs redistribution of buoyancy;
- If needed, the Cd column, may be placed just above the electronic compartment;
- The reagent compartment may be changed as a whole; its allowance is around 17 litres;
- Long lasting reagents quantity, expected reagent changeover every 45/60 days.