USEFUL LINKS ABOUT WATER QUALITY CONTROL
European Water Framework Directive:
- Directive 2000/60/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council establishing a framework for the Community action in the field of water policy
- Commission Directive 2008/105/EC on environmental quality standards in the field of water policy, amending and subsequently repealing Council Directives 82/176/EEC, 83/513/EEC, 84/156/EEC, 84/491/EEC, 86/280/EEC and amending Directive 2000/60/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council
- Commission Directive 2009/90/EC on technical specifications for chemical analysis and monitoring of water status.
U.S. water quality regulations:
- Title 40 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR): Protection of the Environment
- 40 CFR Part 141 - Expedited Approval of Alternative Test Procedures for the Analysis of Contaminants Under the Safe Drinking Water Act; Analysis and Sampling Procedures
- EPA memorandum: policy notice for use of Discrete Analyzers under the Clean Water Act
- EPA memorandum: flexibility to modify CWA methods
- Clean Water Act
- Safe Drinking Water Act
- Environmental Technology Verification program.
Chinese EPA regulations about water quality:
- Environmental Protection Law of the People's Republic of China
- Water Law of the People's Republic of China
- Environmental Quality Standard for Surface Water
- Law of the People's Republic of China on Prevention and Control of Water Pollution
- Law of The People's Republic of China on Water and Soil Conservation
- Integrated Wastewater Discharge Standard
- Sanitary Standard for Drinking Water
- Water quality-Guidance on sampling from lakes, natural and man-made.